|HAZCOM (Hazardous Communications Standard)|
|Lockout / Tagout|
|First Aid / Blood Borne Pathogens|
|Confined Space Entry|
|3-Year Recurring Training|
|IMDG (International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code)|
|IATA (International Air Transportation Association Standards)|
Part of being a good steward of the environment is complying with federal and state environmental regulations. Below is a partial list of our current environmental permits or permit exemptions:
- State Operating Permit No. 1200-0442 under the South Carolina Regulation 61-62, Air Pollution Control Regulations and Standards.
- Air permit exemption for our 2.1 Million BTU/hr boiler.
- ReWa letter of approval for discharge of wastewater from sanitary sewer. (ReWa is the local area water municipality for Greenville County, SC)
- Discharge of wastewater from a tote washing facility through collection, treatment at VLS Recovery in Mauldin, SC and subsequent discharge under the VLS Recovery NPDES Permit.
- NPDES General Permit SCR000000 for stormwater discharge.
Other environmental aspects of New Life’s operation are:
- Fluorescent light bulbs are managed as Universal Waste by recycling at Shealy Electrical Wholesale.
- Industrial solid waste is managed at JBR Environmental Services in Spartanburg, SC.
- SCLLR annual inspection of our boiler unit.
- Safety Kleen parts washing recycling unit.
- Recycling spent oil from our forklifts.
- Recycling, washing IBC, “tote” tanks.
- Cardboard recycling program
- Plastic PET & HDPE recycling program