New Life Chemical strives to operate in a safe and environmentally friendly manner. We employ a fulltime Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) Manager who leads an employee-based safety team and conducts monthly safety training programs for all employees. The safety team provides eyes within the warehouses and manufacturing areas to identify and correct any safety or environmental related concerns. The team also performs walk-throughs to ensure the effectiveness of safety procedures. Our employees are trained according to appropriate aspects of OSHA, NFPA, DOT, EPA and SCDHEC requirements. A partial listing of our training program is given below. Our management team also participates in community interaction through SCMA (South Carolina Manufacturers Association) programs as well as the Greenville County LEPC (Local Emergency Planning Commission).
|HAZCOM (Hazardous Communications Standard)|
|Lockout / Tagout|
|First Aid / Blood Borne Pathogens|
|Confined Space Entry|
|3-Year Recurring Training|
|IMDG (International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code)|
|IATA (International Air Transportation Association Standards)|
Part of being a good steward of the environment is complying with federal and state environmental regulations. Below is a partial list of our current environmental permits or permit exemptions:
- Construction Permit No. 1200-0442-CB & Operations Permit under the South Carolina Regulation 61-62, Air Pollution Control Regulations and Standards.
- Air permit exemption for our 2.1 Million BTU/hr boiler.
- ReWa (formerly WCRSA) letter of approval for discharge of wastewater from sanitary sewer.
- Discharge of wastewater from a tote washing facility through collection, treatment at VLS Recovery in Mauldin, SC and subsequent discharge under the VLS Recovery NPDES Permit.
- NPDES General Permit SCR000000 for stormwater discharge.
Other environmental aspects of New Life’s operation are:
- Fluorescent light bulbs are managed as Universal Waste by recycling at Shealy Electrical Wholesale.
- Industrial solid waste is managed at JBR Environmental Services in Spartanburg, SC.
- SCLLR annual inspection of our boiler unit.
- Safety Kleen parts washing recycling unit.
- Recycling spent oil from our forklifts.
- Recycling, washing IBC, “tote” tanks.
- Cardboard recycling program
- Plastic PET & HDPE recycling program
***Beginning in 2015, New Life Chemical will join the South Carolina OSHA Voluntary Protection Program to further enhance our safety culture.***
2 Corinthians 5:17 – Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.